Join us at our new annual meeting
Saturday 10 October is the date for our new-style annual gathering where we will be exploring the theme Speeding Up the Pace of Change. Enjoy a great Saturday out in the company of some fantastic feminists so come along and make it really fabulous.
It’s at Nevin Lecture Theatre, St Thomas’ Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH from 2 – 4pm.
Speeding Up the Pace of Change
The afternoon promises lively and friendly debate and we would love you to be part of it.
- Dame Jenni Murray, Fawcett’s president, long-time host of Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour and national treasure, who will host a round-table discussion on how we can speed up progress in women’s equality, featuring:
- Jo Churchill MP, member of the House of Commons Women’s Equality Select Committee,
- Sam Smethers, Fawcett’s new Chief Executive
- Matthew Taylor, Chief Executive of the Royal Society for the Arts and regular panellist on Radio 4’s Moral Maze
- And even a few surprise guests
Baroness Shirley Williams
We are honoured to welcome Shirley Williams as a keynote speaker. It’s a great coup to get Shirley because she is accepting only very few invitations these days. One of the UK’s longest serving and most popular feminists, Shirley is certain to send you off with renewed vigour for the fight.
There will also be:
- Two terrific short films made for us by film students from Ealing Studios Film College
- Announcement of our new partnership with the Royal Society for the Arts
- Details of an upcoming exhibition and networking space
- A video message from the female director of Suffragette and a trailer, both made exclusively for Fawcett
Keep a look out for more information in the lead-up to the event. We hope to see you there.
Tickets are just £12, available on a first come, first served basis. Don’t miss out.
The Fawcett Society AGM
The annual meeting follows Fawcett’s Annual General Meeting running from 12.30 to 1.30 pm for members only, where we review Fawcett’s official business.
Share this page